I think it is only fair that since I tend to complain about the stupid moments of people at work that I admit my own. I was babysitting a four year old, yes a four year old. I was reading him the "Trumpeter Swan" one of my favorite books when I was like a fifth grader, not 4. I'm reading, and I get confused reading, "Jim was eleven. His name was Beaver." I literally read it at least four times out loud and was very confused on how this kid is being referred to having two names, when the four year old chimes in and corrects me, "It says his LAST name was Beaver." Yes friends, the four year old is a better reader than I am.
So last week, since I haven't updated in over a week and a half, I lost 3.4 pounds at weight watchers! I was pleasantly surprised. so now I'm only about .4 away from my 10%, which is very exciting. Last week was a rough week, I had a migraine which denotes that my hormones are out of whack. Thus, I obviously had to eat everything in sight right? Needless to say I was very relieved when I had just maintained this last week. I'm back on track now, I think, working out and trying to stay within my normal points. The caveat is that I technically didn't go over my overall points last week. It was the first time I actually ate my "activity points" and dipped into my weekly allotment, so I guess I will just have to try not to do that? I was reading online, on message boards, about p90x not being super conducive to losing weight. I'm in the last phase, only a week and a half left of the program. I wouldn't say I'm in the "best shape of my life" like they advertise, but I do think it is a good workout. I will do it again after this phase, but will do the "lean" version rather than the "classic" I have been doing.
My medical school aps are officially in. I sort of have a complex about it, I'm just so nervous about the rejection again. Whoever said that it is better to try and fail than to never try, I think is sort of an idiot...part of me is wishing I never would have tried this path. Oh well, here we go again. If I don't get in this time, I may go for a master's in nutrition or something of that nature.
Yesterday I went to the clinic, and I must say it was probably the first PA that I have not only liked but have been super impressed with also. She was very thorough, and cared about my personal life, not just my health. She didn't seem like she was in a hurry the whole time, and was just all around a good person. This exemplifies the physician that I hope to be. I wasn't necessarily overwhelmed with her wealth of knowledge, but simply her ability to interact and make me feel like a person, not a project. She was intelligent of course, but I strongly believe that the health professional's personality usually outweighs what he or she actually knows. Think about it. Your experiences with a health professional, the bad ones, was it because they were "stupid"? I would venture to say no. It had more to do with them being condescending, presumptuous, rude, rushed, among other things. Most don't get to being a health professional by being unintelligent, but it is the good ones, in my opinion, that create a working relationship with the patient.
I want to start updating my blog more. I have things on a day to day basis that I think about posting, but never get around to it. Like last week, I had this day where I was tired, but yet still very determined to get my morning workout in. In the process of getting ready for my workout, I bent down and hit my head on the closet door. In the workout itself I hit myself on the knee with my 12 pound free weight, there is still a bruise there. At that point, I'm not sure why I didn't just go back to bed, cuz I don't remember that day getting much better ha ha. Oh and I should post the pictures of the cookies I tried to make last night. So I had this not fun appointment (walked away with 3 vaccines and another shot), I just wanted some cookies. I wanted to make healthy ones as not to blow my points that day (pat on the back? I think so). So I picked up ingredients on the way home, planned a low point supper so I could literally have like 10 cookies ha ha. It was a recipe I have made before and loved. I get home start making the cookies and have no baking soda. I have to go back to the store (officially crabby at this point), come home and mix the cookies. I bake them and they come out as one flat sheet of burned chocolate. I have no idea what went awry...I even sent the picture to my mom for insight, and we couldn't figure it out. So no cookies for me...a good laugh, but no cookies. ha ha
Your poor girl...the bruise on your knee and you cookies and shots! What a rough week. I have an idea on the cookies...
ReplyDelete1.) Did you leave the dough out on the counter while you ran to the store?
2.) Were the ingredients at room temperature?
3.) The flour amounts were measured or weighed?
Sometimes if the dough isn't at the right temperature it will cause the cookies to spread or melt quicker than it should have. You also may have used a different pan or your oven in your new apartment doesn't heat the same? The flour being packed differently could also cause an issue. Some people swear by weighing the clour for consistency because packing flour can yield vastly different amounts being added to the recipe. Hope that helps?
Those cookies don't look so bad. When, i mean If, that every happened at our house, I would still eat them :)
ReplyDelete