Hello, me again. As you can tell from the title I'm in a mood. It isn't necessarily "crabby" but definitely unmotivated and I would say testy. I don't feel like doing much of anything, especially work and even little things are annoying. For instance, explaining to different researchers how to do a technique. I can't handle repeating some of it anymore. An experiment went wrong on Friday and I just can't muster up the motivation to redo it. Even with my weight loss, I am not motivated to eat right, work out, or even track what I'm doing. I really think it all boils down to needing some rest. I need more sleep and just some time to relax. This weekend I had a cookie exchange which was fun and I certainly couldn't have done it without A's help! I just crammed too much into the weekend, definitely my own doing. It was fun, but I didn't allow myself the time I need to just relax. I had a potluck on Sunday night, which too was fun, but cut into my sleep and rest time. Now the week has started and people (including me) are having to deal with my weekend "hangover" haha. I did have a great weekend though. It was nice to see my friends and cook with them and just share in that time. We did some shopping, watched some movies (or tried haha), baked, cooked, ate, and of course chatted. Since I purposely didn't give one of my friend's the link to this blog I can discuss the gifts that we exchanged. A knows me better than myself most of the time and got me a "Friends" season with my favorite episode on it, a coffee grinder, and some yummy coffee beans! I was pretty excited, as most know, I love coffee. In fact, I have had about 6 cups of coffee and a latte today. My other friend gave me a CD with music I gave her on it, a "Poo Log", and some multicolored earrings... She gave both of us the same CD and we both got jewelry, the "Poo Log" I was fortunate enough to be personalized to me. Can I just say, you don't have to feel obligated to get me something. If you don't know what to get me, please don't compile a random list of things...I'm not so into gift giving that if you got me nothing at all, I would be offended. Please, if you don't have any ideas, please don't feel the need to get me something. I did enjoy the time we spent together. I do now have to figure out what to do with the cheesecake, ice cream, and 7 dozen cookies left in my apartment. Eek!
I heard from one of the med schools I applied to (turning into the ONLY med school I applied to) and I have an interview on January 6th, so that is very exciting! Okay, that's a lie. It is a relief. However, I had an interview last year, and we see how that went, so exciting is a stretch, but I'll pretend to be excited for the sake of the optimistic, haha. Hey, I warned you that my crabby pants were on...
I decided to go home for Christmas. It was either that or New Years. Christmas makes the most sense, and especially now that I know my interview is that soon in January, I don't want to flirt with not coming back in time. I was really surprised, because the cost of train tickets were pretty pricey so I was planning on driving, but out of nowhere my mom offered to buy the ticket! She said it was worth me coming home for Christmas, and she didn't want me driving. Very sweet right?! I thought it was nice, though Crabby Pants McGee is saying that this is the same person who didn't think the brakes on my car were important...I'm going to just let that go I guess. Part of my hesitation was that I am now managing the facility here and I don't want to leave it unattended. I need to draw boundaries though, my work cannot be my life. Did I mention I'm getting a raise though? I can't remember if I said that.
On a sadder note, one of my good friend's Dad passed away suddenly last week. It has been really difficult for him. I'm going to help him pick out a suit for him and his dad tonight. I hope that goes okay. It is hard because he is one of the happiest people I know, and so optimistic, to see him this sad it hard. He was close with his dad too. His dad was trying to learn english (he spoke only Cantonese) and my friend found some of the workbooks he was using to learn english and this is what some of the pages said. The assignment was to write a letter to your best friend explaining why they are your best friend. His dad chose him, how sweet.
Dear K,
I think you are special because best friends play with basketball in park. I am glad we are friends because they are come to my party when it is my birthday.
I thought that was super sweet, and wanted to share it with you. I really hope to get pics up soon. Again, motivation is at an all time minimum. I'll see what I can do though.
Oh, last week I lost 2.2 pounds! Probably gained this week...I'm okay with that right now. Try again next time.
K told me he was very thankful for you and that you were a God send. You are such a wonderful lady, I'm lucky your my sister.
ReplyDelete