I'm not going to lie to you, it took me an exceptional amount of time to figure out how to post a second blog...will I be able to do it again? We'll see...
Well it is 10:30 and I'm done with the work that I need to do this morning...
I got this email from one of our Chemistry clients this morning. We are running experiments for her, and only doing part of the analysis, because let's face it, she is the chemist...not me. She emailed me saying that with the data/analysis we sent her she is having a tough time calculating one of the values she needs and wants to meet with me and my supervisor to walk her through how to do this. Again, I'm not the chemist, yes I have a minor, but the value she wants was not even remotely covered in my years of chemistry, it was only briefly brought up in my research experience. Needless to say, I don't know how to do it. She is more than welcome to meet with us, however, I will probably just look up how to calculate this value via google. I'm pretty sure this doctoral candidate can do that too...just throwing that out there as an option, but sure, let's have a meeting.
I had my first weigh in after starting weight watchers...they tell me I "lost" 6.2 pounds. Keep in mind, when I weighed in last week I had not been planning on joining so had eaten my life away already that day; also, I weighed in in my jeans and such. This week I ate very lightly before the weigh-in and wore shorts (that I will continue to wear with each weigh in, I'm a scientist, I like consistency). Needless to say, that is a good start, but I definitely will not be expecting those numbers every time. That being said, there goes any excuses I had before as to why I wasn't losing weight ha ha. No more blaming it on my depo shot, or "I'm gaining muscle"...ha ha
Tomorrow I'm getting my couch! Well let me back up for those of you who don't know the couch saga...I didn't have a couch for a about a month while I was moving. I shopped around as I do, and finally found one a month and a half later. It was on back order. So I waited, because I had my heart set on this couch. It finally comes but I wait and have it delivered Saturday so I don't have to take off work. They got it up to the third floor where I live and it wouldn't fit through the door! I have a huge living room and apparently no sizable furniture will fit through the door. So I go back to the furniture store, pick out a love seat (yes the same price, but still the same style so I was willing to settle), it was on back order. So finally they call me yesterday to tell me it can be delivered between 2 and 4 thursday. So if the stars are aligned properly I will finally have a place to sit in my apartment! Yay! With my luck it will probably be the wrong color, but I'm not sure I even care at this point.
Yay!!! A couch!!! I hope it all fits and looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteA loss is a loss, you will keep doing fantastic, you are such a driven person.
I printed recipes at work today for 2 hours. Yep, I'm a super employee. My work was done at 11 though, lol.