As you know when you play Scrabble there is only the one Z and it is difficult to use. Well I was playing Scrabble with a woman in EDU who had been on bed rest for nearly a week. They are very limited with visiting hours, so she had only seen her family the day before and beyond that only had the brief visits with the nurses when she could. We had a really good time, not sure which one of us really appreciated the visit more. While playing, I drew the Z, the dreaded Z. I was able to make Zebra out of it and later use it to make a double word with Zebras and sat. Though you hate getting the Z, it is worth 10 points! Before going to volunteer, I was having a bad attitude. I wanted to spend my weekend just relaxing and sleeping in, but I went and had probably the most enjoyable time of the weekend with this patient who probably needed it too. I thought to myself that I need to take advantage of the life 'Z'. Sometimes I need to do stuff or get dealt situations that I don't particularly like, but by taking advantage of the Z it ends better than I thought it could.
Last week, I weighed in and only lost .4 lbs. Needless to say I was not pleased. I had worked out for a total of 6+ hours during the week and had been diligent about not going over in my points. N and I have discussed that when you have a bad week you usually know it is coming, you know what happened; this week I didn't see it coming at all. I have come up with several theories as to why it was a slow week, who knows which one was true, but rather than following in my typical style and giving up out of discouragement I was that much more diligent about points, and workouts. I'm trying to take advantage of the Z to be that much more disciplined in my weight loss.
Today at work a bizarre thing happened. A client of ours puts cell samples in our freezer and I run tests on them at a later date. Well the tube rack he puts them in is still in the freezer but the samples are no longer there. This looks bad for our facility, but they just seemed to vanish. There is little to no motivation for someone else taking them, and it is just plain weird.
Not much else to report on that I can think of, but I encourage you to take advantage of the Z. It is really difficult to take a negative situation and truly get something positive out of it. All things happen for a reason, the Z will work out for the best in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment