So I spent all day in lab working on a 500$ experiment (that is a conservative estimate). What was fun about it, was that after spending all day on it and 500$ worth of reagents, the computer that we use to the VERY last step wasn't working. The beauty of it all is that it is a 45 minute incubation, and after 60 minutes the reaction is no longer readable. Awesome right? Rest assured I did get it figured out, well enough to finish, but that would have been some seriously bad news. It was definitely a scramble.
After that, I was sitting here bored wishing other people had blogged or would do more on facebook and I realized, "hey dork, how about you go ahead and update yours?" ha ha so here I am.
What actually jogged my realization of this is my ridiculous marriage attitude. I saw one of my friends had put up some wedding pictures and my very first thought was, "why did that seem like a good idea?" Granted, I only knew this girl from a sign language class from like 2 years ago. In the brief time that we actually did know each other she talked about how she and her fiance had both cheated on each other, more than once. So that is partially the reason for my automatic "Really?" reaction. However, I have a tendency to have this reaction even when I don't know the details of the relationship. It is fairly subconscious and automatic, because when I think about it there are plenty of good reasons to get married. Companionship and love of course, and don't look beyond having two incomes-See! That's where my mind goes. As though marriage is a business transaction, which it is, but that shouldn't be in the first 3 reasons I list for getting married. I have this perception of marriage as a for sure way to be unhappy. I try to talk myself out of this by thinking of marriages like my sister's and her husband; I can say with full confidence they love each other and are truly happy and will spend the rest of their lives together, but I feel like they just got lucky. I feel like that isn't what usually happens, and that it won't happen to me. My mind is polluted with complete negativity about marriage. I think of my wedding day and have a difficult time imagining that it could be the happiest day of my life... so if anyone knows any good counselors, that would be great... ha
I can update on my weight loss, though chances are if you are reading this you already know. I have officially lost 10 pounds, woot! I had a good week last week and lost 1.4 pounds, even though I was worried because I had solid food that day for lunch. I feel like weigh in days cause eating disorder thoughts, like not eating solid food. So this week was great because I ate that day like a normal person and lost 1.4 pounds! And it was my "rest" week on the workout program, so this was good news! One of these days I'll have to blog about my leader but that is for another day.
Last night was a ton of fun. I went out to dinner with my friend A and a coworker of hers. I had a terrific time, we just laughed for what seemed like an hour and turned out to be 3! A guy came to our table and gave us a bottle of wine (sake) and said, "Would you like this? We are leaving and we can't take it with us." Not sure how to take it we said thank you and I giggled like a school girl because this could mean one of about 3 things:
a) he was hitting on us
b) the wine was terrible
c) they really were leaving and didn't want to waste it
Here are the facts detective:
Previous to this I saw the guy staring at us (thought it was because I am a loud person and I was cackling like a hyena)
I also was wondering before this if he and his guy friend were on a date. They were both very well groomed, and had already had glasses of wine taken to their table before getting this bottle (and when I say well groomed, I mean this guy was hot)
When we got the bottle, it looked like only maybe one glass had been poured from it; it was a pretty full bottle).
Both gentleman stayed for an additional 10 minutes or so, so they weren't leaving necessarily like they mentioned, and I still caught the one guy looking over at our table.
Did I mention that the sake was terrible? We ended up having to leave it though we didn't want to either.
Lastly, he kind of did a bad job at hitting on us if that was the goal, because he didn't leave his number or ask us for ours...or even say slyly "We have this bottle of wine, would you ladies like to join us?"
Okay, crack the case...
Funny! The wine thing that is...hilarious. I have had Saki in Hawaii. It was okay. I prefer sweet wines. If you want a tasty wine that is a decent price, to hit on another table of course, Lambrusco is one to try. It's a red wine I first sampled at Olive Garden a few months ago.
ReplyDeleteAs far as happiness and marriage. I would agree that I am so lucky and still crazy in love. One of the things that confirmed he was the one was when I realized that I could spend crazy amounts of time with him and he never got on my nerves. I had thought I loved people previously, but until I met my husband, had no idea what love really could do or be. Somehow being with J has just put me at peace in so many areas of life and has been incredibly cathartic. I will note that TONS of people said the first year would be hard and lots of work. That was not true. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to explain to anyone else how to know when you've met "the one". I only know how it felt for me. Which is fantastic!