Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Needing a hobby

So most people for their Labor Day went out and enjoyed nature, or spent time with loved ones or even both. I did go visit my friend R on Saturday and into Sunday. That was fun. We went to church, which was actually refreshing because I used to really enjoy church. I haven't had much luck since going to college finding a church that I feel meets my needs. This one even gave you free coffee (like foo foo drink coffee!) while you were there, which apparently is one of my needs? ha ha Okay it's not but it was pretty sweet... Anyway, it was nice to be apart of again. I did find some of the cheesy cliche things to really turn me off, and not want to listen. Nonetheless it was good to experience that again.
Anyway, the last day of the weekend, the true "holiday", I picked up an extra shift for my other job, and tonight picked up a shift, and wouldn't you know it, I picked up a shift for tomorrow night too. Why you ask? Why do I work 12 hour days when I don't have to? Because I seriously have nothing better to do... that's right...I think I've been programmed for far too many years now, that when I get done with work, do some more work, and thus have no hobbies. I like to cook, but a person can only cook so much, and the weight loss thing becomes an issue too. I like tennis...but definitely a 2 person activity ha ha. I feel like a lot of hobbies involve crafts and I think we all can agree I'm not the crafty type. I could read more? I'm at a loss...so in the mean time I will just work I suppose.
I had weight watchers tonight. It was a super rough week. Since I stayed with my friend I was at the mercy of whatever they were eating, and none of it was health food by any means. But I definitely can't just blame that...I went to my fave restaurant "Hu Hot" twice! and had pizza and all sorts of other junk...plus I skipped 2 of my workouts this week. I still somehow managed to lose 2 tenths of a pound; I'm just glad I didn't gain last weeks weight back. It is a new week and a new start. Now there is even more incentive as weight watchers has started a challenge, where each pound a person loses between now and the end-ish of October a dollar is donating to those suffering food shortage. This is probably nearly dangerous for me, because I love a good challenge and knowing it is helping others pushes it to an even further extreme. I need to make sure I stay healthy as I am losing weight. I'm also going to start volunteering in the Eating Disorders Unit at the local hospital (again, for something to do) and I think this will help me gain perspective on other's challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Staying healthy and losing weight IS a trick. I am trying really hard to spread my caloric intake out over the day. I tend to be really careful from morning until dinner, then have a huge amount of points (like 11) or calories (like 800!!!) to hit for the day! I know my blood sugar and body would function better if I just had a steady pace. I just think of it too much like money and always want a reserve, lol. I have been eating breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, dinner, and another snack. I think that helps me a ton to eat 6 mini meals. A loss is a loss though, be proud of anything you can get!!!

    ReplyDelete